To cap it all...
... I've been acting like an absolute div today. I went off to Harley's to pick up last week's wages, ended up staying for an hour helping as the place was unexpectedly heaving (we all forgot that today was A level results day). So I get paid - less than expected, but that's another story - put it in my pocket and cycled home. Locked my bike up and put the cover over it as I'm going back home for the weekend, and went to pull out my keys and check the status of my cash.
Fuck.
Dug a little deeper, no cash; checked the other pocket, no joy there either. So I legged it out of the courtyard where my bike is kept, and re-traced my entire journey back to Harley's in the vain hope that I'll find it lying in a gutter somewhere. Got to the bar to find that neither Jez nor Lowri had seen it, and it wasn't lying around anywhere. 'Shit', I thought and walked out of the bar and walked back home quite dejected (as you would). As I got back, I spotted some folded up paper by the bike racks, which of course turned out to be my wages. Sometimes it would pay to look behind to see whether anything is there instead of haring off and making a fool of myself. *smacks palm to forehead* What. An. Idiot.
Oh, and I've still forgot to buy some stamps...


2 Comments:
Nothing worse than the feeling of lost money. Don't worry, there'll be plenty of opportunity the rest of your life to lose/waste lots of money :)
I'm just so relieved that I hadn't lost it, especially as I was going back home for my brother's birthday. As for wasting money, I'd pretty much count myself as an expert on that anyway! ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home