Today has been a day where I've been trying to organise stuff for the Expeditions Society. I've been trying to design a new logo for the club, and has ended up being more complicated than I thought. I've kind of got an idea of what I want, but I'll have to consult Duncan and the rest of the commitee.
This one is the first design that I came up with. I added the dragon because it reflects the fact that we're a Welsh university club, and because I left out "Yr Clwb Anturio" to keep the logo as simple as possible. I left out "society" for the same reason.
Designed on the back of an envelope (how cliched am I?) This one has the Welsh and English, the change I would make would be to reverse the colours for the dragon, mountain, and background, oh and the letters too.
Another envelope job, this time simplified after being scanned in. Unlikely to be used as there is a third colour. Really, we'll want something as simple as possible, although I quite like the design.
Simple job this one. I'm not sure about the abbreviation though. The logo might well be too generic as well.
Instead of a dragon, why not a fox? I'm told that the Walking Club have a dragon as their mascot, but that's not the same as a logo is it? Having looked at that club's website, I see that it's just a basic outline of Cader Idris and the lake below it. The Mountaineers are being secretive, and won't allow me onto their site (I'll just have a chat with Matt or Sim then).No doubt I'll be mulling this over later, and will come up with something I like best. At the moment, it's the first design I like best- typical!


2 Comments:
An American perspective:
Dragon's are cool #1 gets my first place vote. Aren't foxes hunted in the UK? Design #3 is simplistic and gets my 2nd place vote. Perhaps a peregrine may be of some use in your design :)
actually #4 was the good simplistic design.
Post a Comment
<< Home