16 August 2005

Organised? Moi?

Organisation is not one of my strong points. Chiefly because I'm a lazy old ratbag, having the tendency to put things off until the last minute. So what do I do this week? Same old, same old. I spent ten minutes trying to find my mountain biking gloves, only to find them (after going through piles of stuff on my floor, looking inside of bags and hats, and drawers etc) on top of my printer on my desk under a pile of papers. Not the cleverest idea in the world. I then put in the cheque for my summer accomodation at the last minute, remembered to find an envelope for the form to attend the BMC lectures in October, but I've still forgotten to get a stamp, and for that matter I've also forgotten to return a couple of library books (again). Guess what I'm going to do tomorrow. I must also get some wrapping paper for my brother's birthday present and a card, do the washing, and do a general tidy up; then I've got to go to pick up some paper work for my new job that I start at the end of the month. I should learn that I'd probably be better off if I actually stagger my chores rather than let them all pile up.

I must also sort out my stuff for September when I move into PJM for the next year, and for when I have to eventually return it all back home when I finish my degree in June. The less that I have to take back, the better. I've got to be fairly ruthless about it all, although I'm not going to be too happy about having to make a decision over my books. Books are one of those things that I have a slight problem with. Other people have a cigarette habit, or shoes, or bags; me - I have a book habit. It takes great will power for me to walk past a book shop and not go into it. Which is difficult in Aber as being a University town, it is full of bookshops that sell your usual fiction and popular non-fiction; and then there are intriguing second-hand and independent shops that contain some of the most interesting, specialist, and arcane subjects that could keep one occupied for eons. This is a bad thing if I'm feeling flush, or I've seen something that I really could not do without. Oh dear, my collection has expanded yet again. Thus culling my books is a painful and traumatic experience, as I'd rather cut down on my clothes and shoes than to throw out my books (even if they will be donated to a charity shop). Somehow I feel that I'm going to have less clothes again tomorrow...

1 Comments:

At 5:48 pm, Blogger Bex said...

still forgot the bloody stamps ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home